December Glossybox-a Christmas special! I'm considering cancelling my subscription, just to cut down on some of my unnecessary outgoings, but after this months box, I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it! Most months there are only a couple of products I use, and the regular perfume sample finds itself being ignored too. However, in this box, I had used every single product within 24 hours of opening it!
1. BLINK+Go Hi-Definition Mascara-my lashes are naturally quite long, but lacking in curl, and I have yet to find the perfect product. This was nice though, it gave me properly clump free bambi-like lashes, and I think it would excellent for layering up on a night out for some dramatic looking peepers. Not sure if I would spend £15 on it yet, but I'm very happy with this sample!
2. Cargo Cosmetics Classic Lipgloss in Serengeti- Nothing too dramatic going on here, I want to describe the shade as like a tanned peach if that makes sense! Its nice and natural looking which I prefer in a gloss-if I want a hit of colour, I'd much rather use a matte lipstick. This is now living in my handbag, so I can slick it on at work after my lunchbreak, in an attempt to stay looking preened.
3. Deborah Lippman Nail Varnish in Razzle Dazzle (plus Stripper to go nail varnish remover mitt)-Oh how I adore this varnish! I've been itching to try out a glitter polish for Christmas and I love this reddy pinky colour-oh so festive! Needs a few coats to get this sort of opaque look, but I'm wondering what one coat of it would look like over the top of a different colour, maybe a dark purple. I thought that being a glitter, it would chip off very easily, but even without a top coat I'm impressed with its staying power. Side note-this varnish would properly look even nicer on someone who can apply it properly, instead of like a child who struggles to stay inside the lines.
Oh, I liked the novelty if the little finger mitt to remove my old varnish, but I think I'll stick to the usual method for now!
4. MeMeMe Seventh Heaven-Moisturising Facebase- I am in love with this product. I'm not a massive skincare junkie, but I was interested in this, as it specifically is aimed to prime as well as moisturise. At the time of applying my make up I can't say I noticed a massive difference, but as the day wore on, I realised my skin was still soft rather than starting to dry out and go a bit red and patchy like it normally does (especially at this time off year, with the air conditioner units at work blowing out hot air the whole time). But the thing I love most about this, is the gorgeous goegeous scent. Its citrusy but sweet at the same time. MeMeMe is a brand I'd heard of, but never tried out before, but I think I'm going to be investigating if there are any other products with this smell!
5. Rituals Foaming Shower Gel- First off I'd like to say how pleased I was with the unexpected size of what I assumed would be a small sample-thanks Glossybox! This will definitely get used, it smells nice, though I have to say that when I used it, I felt like I'd accidentally picked up a shaving gel rather than a shower one, because of the foamy action, but I'm sure I'll get used to it, and probably end up not wanting to go back to the lacklustre lathers of a normal shower gel! Be careful when you use it though-I wanted to squirt a little on the back of my hand so I could smell it, when I was sat on the sofa looking at all my goodies. It ended up shooting across the room, making me feel like Spiderman/a porn star, and left this splatted on the wall which was a good metre away from where I was sitting.
I've seen a few variations on this months Glossybox, and I reckon I've done particularly well with my selection, but I think its been a good one for most others too, so I'm probably going to give it a chance to win me over next month too!