Sunday 29 January 2012

53. Sunday Style Crush-Zooey Deschanel








All images found on the ever complicit google

I haven't done one of these posts in a while, but after finding Ms. Deschanel occupying my thoughts more than usual lately, due to my utter delight at her new series "New Girl" and my continued spewing of quotes from it to people who have not actually seen the show, I thought it wise to dedicate a blog post to her. I bet she feels very honoured. Now I have to admit, when my girl crush on her started, I didn't have a clue who she was. I was in California for a while when I was 18/19 and I bought my very first copy of Nylon magazine. And it was Zooey's face that was on the front cover. This was when I was fresh off an art course and was still in the habit of cutting "inspiration" from magazines. That copy of Nylon got obliterated by my scissors. (RIP).
Fast forward some years, and I, like the rest of the world fell in love with the film (500) Days of Summer. I have the DVD and the soundtrack, and have been known to watch the film, then when the credits end...watch it again straight away, no doubt infuriating the boytoy.
ANYWAY, enough about my general love for her, lets get to the nitty-gritty of what makes us all idolise her so, apart from the mesmorizing combo of all that mass of dark hair and those giant blue eyes (what I wouldn't give....) THE WOMAN'S GOT A MAGNIFICENT MAGNIFICENT DRESS COLLECTION. most of them play along the same shapes, skater style-nipped in at the waist, flaring out on the skirt, occasionally a skirt and top combo with the same silhouette, then a few sixties style shifts...but honestly, she has got dressing in a dress down to an art. Always pretty, always quirky. Also; she's in a band. Nuff said. GIRLCRUSHSIGH.

Please enjoy my Zooey Deschanel inspired polyvore set also.

Zooey D.




No comments:

Post a Comment