Sunday 21 August 2011

3. All These Things I Have


There were only a couple of things I wanted to get my greasy paws on this week. One of them was Batiste dry shampoo, which I've used before, but never this "big and bouncy" version. Needless to say my paws are not so greasy anymore. And my hair is certainly big and bouncy! Now pretty much all of the hair products I use have some kind of "volumising" aspect to them due to my desire for my lifeless flat bonce to be gravity defying. However determined backcombing is the only thing that seems to work, and even then it's not more than a half hour before my poor locks are deflated once more. But this....but this! Spray on, give a quick massage, show my hair a bit of a brush just so that it doesn't look completely grey from the spray and VA VA VOOM! No backcombing required and it lasted a whole day at work. Also my lazy skanky side loves it, as I haven't washed my hair in 3 days and its still looking fresh. Sure it doesn't feel too great-it feels like a synthetic wig, but it LOOKS good and that's all that matters in my book.



  I also snatched up this mens Lee shirt as soon as its came into my work-we only got one size small and it became mine before the rest of the delivery was unpacked. As I've mentioned before, guys shirts are so much better for me, they're long enough for one thing, and when they're a slim fit like this one they work perfectly. I made my boyfriend model it to show how its meant to be worn, then took it back before he got too comfy in it. And yes, yes, I know he's far too hot for me-the photo of him was the first and only one I took and he requires no editing at all. To be honest, I probably wouldn't wear it with a high waist skirt (Topshop by the way) but I couldn't be bothered to change the rest of my outfit. I'll probably just be wearing it to work with skinny jeans and biker boots for the most part. I work in an independant retailer that stocks Levis, Wrangler and Lee and if you've got anything similar in your town, its definitely worth checking them out. For instance we sell Levi 501s at £55 whereas the RRP which you'll find in most department stores and online retailers is £70. Big difference!


Finally, it's my birthday and Thursday, so my mum came round today and dropped off a few presents, and my stepdad bought me flowers too ^_^ Now to assert my willpower and not open them early....


No comments:

Post a Comment